Sunday, January 3, 2010

Woa, Mama!

The scales tipped in at 159.5 yesterday evening (yes, I know that you should NEVER weigh yourself after you have put two meals into your body, but it was convenient for me), and I realized that this was the HEAVIEST I have been since spending a summer in Germany eating ice cream everyday and butter on everything! This has GOT TO STOP! I have come to the conclusion that my blog may be my best form of accountability for losing weight.

I have tried the Weight Watchers thing, but I just cannot stand the meetings. Maybe this is from years of attending WW and I'm just over it. I have heard all the tips and trials and tribulations a million times already. (This is what happens if you have been trying the program since you were 8 years old!) The last time I attended a meeting, I sat through a discussion about what to do when your child leaves the bag of oreos out on the counter after helping themselves. Ooooo....temptation....what to do? These people sat and discussed for fifteen minutes about how difficult this type of situation was since most of them just wanted to tear the bag to pieces and devour every crumb. Eventually, I raised my hand and suggested that if they REALLY wanted to eat the Oreos and they had enough points for their day, why not just take the allotted serving size, register their points in their daily count, and ENJOY the oreos?! I mean, come on! You're not going to get anywhere in this world by completly stressing out about a bag of Oreos sitting on your kitchen counter. Well...the WW leader didn't think that my suggestion was the most conducive to the her point, and I simply received a cursory nod. Oh well...enough of those meetings.

Since I have allowed my body to go to complete waste this past year (2009), I am jumping on the proverbial bandwagon and committing to changing the way my body works! About ten years ago, I was a running MANIAC. I don't really think you can be a true "runner" without being fanatical. There is just something about the high and satisfaction you receive from running a long distance that you can't get from anything else. Scott and I talked about joining a gym with the start of 2010, but I think I'm going to try my hand at running again. I stopped running originally when I injured my knee during a run when I thought a dog was ripping across his yard and eat me (thankfully, he was chained up...a deceivingly LONG chain, but chained up nonetheless). It hasn't been the same since. However, I am willing to give it the old college try! My best friend just spent her 31st birthday running a marathon in Vegas. She started running early in 2009 with the goal of running the Indy Mini-Marathon, and she just kept on going. It was her urging me to run a marathon in April with her that has encouraged me to put the running shoes back on. I don't think I'm going to be able to run a marathon by April considering the fact that I can barely run a mile without stopping, but I think the Indy Mini is definitely a good goal. And we'll see how that goes...I've done it twice, I can do it again.

My goal through this blog is to achieve my maximum physical body along with considerable weight loss. For those of you who are runners or who have ever had any commitment to running, you understand that there is no better way to tone your body completely all over. Every part of your body is affected and improved by running. I plan to keep a weekly tally of my body weight, measurements and miles logged from the previous week. So here we go!

Weight: 159.5 lbs. (weighed in at 11:55 a.m., 1/3/2010)
Measurements:
Bust: 40.5"
Waist: 38"
Hips: 44"

I'll keep you posted. I'm off for my first jog of the new year!

No comments: