Ever since we moved into our new house in early February, we have found new new reasons daily to love this place even more. This morning while I was getting ready I was distracted by the raucous noise coming from outside our bedroom window. It sounded like a whole flock of birds were having a party out on our front porch. Many would be annoyed and disturbed by this noise, but I love what the noise symbolizes. It symbolizes the fact that spring is FINALLY here; it symbolizes that we live in an established neighborhood with mature trees that birds return to each year to make their nests; it symbolizes the fact that these birds find our front porch and ornamental trees surrounding it very cozy and inviting. This whole situation also makes for great viewing for our cat, Hazel. She spends all day looking out the window, watching the birds' every move, and crying because she isn't allowed to go outside and hunt them. Have I mentioned that there seems to be a numerous cardinals nesting just across the street? My favorite bird!!
The perrenials that we have discovered this spring also make us very happy. We have hostas popping up everywhere; our front and back flower beds were rich with tulips a couple weeks ago; and our lilac bush out back is a type I have never seen before - deep purple flowers with white edges. It actually looks antique - if a bush is in fact able to look antique...
What a blessing this place has turned out to be. I am so glad each and every day brings us new reasons to love this place....
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment