I managed to get a 33 minute (2.6 mile) interval training in yesterday after beginning my personal challenge of training for a mini marathon and kicking my butt back into shape! The interval training is one I read about years ago in Runner's World during my former running days. It consists of intervals of walking (3 min.) and running (6 min.) to best work out your stride. It's also great for litty miss fatty here to comfortably get back into training without completely pulling every muscle in my legs. I'm sore today, but it really feels good. I was sweating after the workout, thus, I felt like I accomplished at least a little bit of something. I also managed to do the entire 33 minutes on an incline of 2 - 2.5. I just simply can't stay at the minimum incline because I feel like I'm running downhill the whole time. I was tempted at some intervals of my running to just keep running because I get so impatient when I'm walking, but I had to keep reminding myself that even though my endurance is good considering I haven't really worked out in over a year, my body is not ready for extensive running - even 12 straight minutes of it.
Regardless of how satisfying the run was after the fact, the beginning was not the best. As soon as my running interval began, I was shocked to feel the extra heavy jiggling on my bottom and hips. I didn't remember ever feeling that before! I can't wait to run that junk off! By the end of my run, my bottom was numb, and I couldn't feel any of the excess....probably a good thing.
I forgot to mention that I am trying to eat better as well. As we all know, the holidays tend to do a large number on us, and I am definitely not the exception. As I stated yesterday, I am at my heaviest, and it is time to start being conscience of what I'm putting in my body. The hubby and I made a stop at Sam's and loaded up on tons of fruits and vegetables. I spent a good part of Saturday prepping the fruit for a yummy fruit salad, cutting up veggies for our healthy and fresh salad (thank you Salad Spinner!) and prepping two HUGE packages of carrots for our juicer. We both love to start the day with a large carrot/apple/cucumber juice. Having everything ready to go makes such a difference when I want to use the juicer.
I plan to take a day off between runs to let my body recoup...but I just get so impatient. We'll see...
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment