Saturday, November 22, 2008

More Bags

Not much sewing going on around the Dozier home this week. My sewing machine (on loan from a friend) has decided that it doesn't want to work anymore. Now I have to lug it over to the repair shop where they get to take if for a week, tell me what is wrong with it, and charge me $75 for repair plus extra for parts. I don't even think the thing is worth more than $100. Oh well... Now that I'm not sewing, I have time to post more pics of other projects I have completed.
My sister fell in love with my Sophia Carry-All bag the minute she laid eyes on it. I took her to Clementine's so she could peruse the fabrics herself and pick out something just for her. She chose Amy Butler's Garden Maze in pink. As soon as I laid out the fabric to start cutting pieces for the bag I knew that the bag was going to be STUNNING! I can't wait to buy more of this pattern in Amy's new line, Midwest Modern 2. The colors are even brighter and more beautiful! This bag is made from Amy Butler's Sophia Carry-All pattern, but the straps are about 4 inches longer on each side so it is easy to carry over the shoulder.


Erin also fell in love with Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipops fabric. She is drawn to pink and brown, so she picked out fabrics to complement her Sophia Carry-All. I made her a set of Amy Butler's Stash & Dash bags, which have become one of my most favorite patterns. They are so easy to whip together. And for anyone who is intimidated by zippers, Amy's patterns have a way of explaining the zipper installation to make it as easy as possible. It has changed how I install zippers on all of my projects.







No comments: