Saturday, February 20, 2010

And the beat goes on...

That is how I felt this morning in my step class at the local gym. (Yes, the running regimen was completely abandoned due to my lack of accessibility to treadmills at work, so the hubby and I have joined a local gym in the interim. We are really happy with our decision so far.) Saturday morning and Monday evening classes are run by a woman who isn't the warmest person on the planet, and I think she
enjoys making her routines as difficult as possible so people cannot follow along. (I think it's a control thing.) I decided to try her class for the third time this morning, and I have to say that it was a little bit easier that previous two attempts because I was more familiar with steps she was calling, but I felt so sorry for all the other newbies who just simply gave up and started doing a basic step just half-way through the class. Don't get me wrong - I love the variety of the class, and none of my three classes have been the same, however, if one is concentrating too much on the routine and making sure that they are spinning or turning or stepping in the right direction, then one loses sight of the fact that they are working out and they need to remember to keep those abs tight, move those arms with some strength, and KEEP BREATHING!! Now, the Wednesday class is taught by little Mary who is fun and nice and likes to hear us making noise. Her class is not nearly as difficult as the the other's, and I felt like I left having a GREAT workout on Wednesday. My hamstrings were sore from personally adding a little extra push in my stomp steps, and my face was beet-red from breathing so hard. And I was sore the next day, which is always a good indication! And I haven't felt like that once after the other lady's class.

Despite my work-out routine over the past few weeks, I haven't lost an inch or an ounce. All I can do it keep trying, though...

No comments: